Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More games?

So, what now?

The idea would be to continue the development and do more games. But I'm uncertain about that.
A problem I face is that most of the ideas I came up with would require features not present in the current engine.
The major stopper is the lack of some kind of storage/communication system.
How are we supposed to save game states, player progress?
Another stopper is the performance of the engine in some complex scenarios. I would like to be able to play with more of less complex blocks. My games used only stacked simple boxes, but when I added a lot of those I lost a lot of performance. My approach is to load a few things at a time (and prevent the player from going further). In a racer game, where you move at high speed, I can't figure out how to load all the scenery when it contains elements to interact with (as stacked blocks).

I have two game ideas:

A futuristic racer with physics elements. Think about Star Wars pod racing meets Need for speed.

Role playing game. I have devised a simple turn based combat system. Think about Pokemon meets Zelda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bounce'em Down Game

Bounce Widget